ACLS Certification Hybrid Option
Course: ACLS Certification Hybrid Course
- Expired certification card
- Have taken ACLS a while ago but have let it lapse since then
- Have never taken ACLS before
- Have American Red Cross or other certification cards that are not thru American Heart Association
- Have a current unexpired AHA card
- Difference between Initial and Renewal?
- You will be taking the same exact program the Heartcode ACLS online this gives the instructor an idea to set aside more time to practice if you are a new student vs an experienced provider
Course Description: This course is a convenient hybrid option you'll take an online module at home prior to coming in for the hands-on skills session. You will be able to take the online module at your own pace it does not have to be completed in one sitting it can be paused and resumed at a later time.
The online module is called the "Heartcode ACLS" you will be able to complete the online portion at your own pace it uses a personalized computer adaptive model by the student's reported confidence level on each topic. The online program consists of direct learning topics, activities, and questions. There will be no written exam just the skills testing portion in person. For more FAQs on Heartcode
Course Price: $311
Course Length: 4-5 hours online module and 1-1.5 hour in-person skills check-off
Certification: American Heart Association. You will receive your card within one business day to your email the certification is valid for 2 years
- ACLS certification course builds on the foundation of lifesaving BLS skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR, and team dynamics.
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device, and use of an AED
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of ACS and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
Who should take this ACLS certification course?
Doctors, nurses, physician assistants, dentists, EMTs, paramedics, and medical/healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies and for personnel in emergency response.
What do I need to bring?
- You will need to email or bring a copy of the certificate of completion from the online module
- If you have a copy of the provider manual/notes/pocket reference cards you are able to use it as a reference at the skills check-off
- We will have all the necessary equipment you will not need to bring anything additional
- Please wear comfortable clothing. We will be practicing skills that require working on your hands and knees, bending, standing, and lifting. If you have physical conditions that might prevent you from participating in the course, please tell one of the instructors when you arrive for class
How Do I Prepare I'm Feeling Nervous HELP?
We get this all the time! Our intentions are to help you pass the course if you are anxious about passing the megacode you are in good company because most students are. It gets easier with practice even the most experienced provider may experience a "brain freeze" we are here to walk you through it. We want you to participate throw yourself in the front instead of being the quiet one in the back and ask questions. We have intimate class sizes that are less intimidating for students so our instructor can spend 1:1 time with everyone. We have a laid-back learning environment. There are some things you'll need to review below to help your preparation for the course.
- Review all ACLS Algorithms
- Review pharmacology and dosages
- Recognize cardiac arrhythmias and treatments
- We have developed an easy way to remember all the megacodes with this memory master
- If you are still feeling like you need supplemental material purchase a provider manual, we highly recommend this if it is your first time taking the course or if it has been a while since you seen the material print copy or e-copy
This ACLS certification is taught by CPR Training Austin in our local office in Austin, TX. We also can come to your location for group training.
Convenient ACLS Certification in the Austin Area
CPR Training Austin offers some of the most convenient options and availability on evenings/weekends to take your ACLS classes in the Austin Area.
$25 cancellation fee applies if you cancel your appointment or don't show up to your appointment. To reschedule an appointment, please contact us.
Click on the Register For Classes button below to register. Once a class fills up, it disappears from the calendar. We can register you for a course over the phone/text 512-200-2327 or by email email@example.com
Earn Your CPR Certification Today!
Conveniently schedule your appointment online knowing we offer the following: