ACLS Skills Check Off - Austin, TX
Course: ACLS Skills Check Off
Course Price: $150
Course Length: 1 hour
- American Heart Association You will receive your card within same business day of the class to your email address
- This is for students who have independently purchased the Heartcode on the AHA website.
- After completing the Heartcode ACLS online portion students can schedule an in-person skills check.
- This session focuses on Adult BLS, AED, bag-mask valve use, oral/nasal airways, and megacode. You will be expected to recognize cardiac rhythms and know medication treatment/interventions for each one. After completion of the skills check students will be issued an ACLS card.
Course Length: 1-1.5 hour
What to Expect
- We will be focused on practice with Adult BLS, AED, bag-mask valve use, oral/nasal airways, and megacode. The megacode is a simulation to see how each student would respond in a code.
- In order to pass you will be team leader and demonstrate effective team dynamics.
- You will be able to recognize cardiac arthymias and know medication treatment/interventions for each one.
Who should take this ACLS course
Doctors, nurses, physician assistants, dentists, paramedics, EMTs, and medical/healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies and for personnel in emergency response.
What do I need to bring?
- You will need to email or bring a copy of the certificate of completion from the online module
- If you have a copy of the provider manual/notes/pocket reference cards you are able to use it as a reference at the skills check-off
- We will have all the necessary equipment you will not need to bring anything additional
- Please wear comfortable clothing. We will be practicing skills that require working on your hands and knees, bending, standing, and lifting. If you have physical conditions that might prevent you from participating in the course, please tell one of the instructors when you arrive for class
How Do I Prepare I'm Feeling Nervous HELP?
We get this all the time! Our intentions are to help you pass the course if you are anxious about passing the megacode you are in good company because most students are. It gets easier with practice even the most experienced provider may experience a "brain freeze" we are here to walk you through it. We want you to participate throw yourself in the front instead of being the quiet one in the back and ask questions. We have intimate class sizes that are less intimidating for students so our instructor can spend 1:1 time with everyone. We have a laid-back learning environment. There are some things you'll need to review below to help your preparation for the course.
- Review all ACLS Algorithms
- Review pharmacology and dosages
- Recognize cardiac arrhythmias and treatments
- We have developed an easy way to remember all the megacodes with this memory master
- If you are still feeling like you need supplemental material purchase a provider manual, we highly recommend this if it is your first time taking the course or if it has been a while since you seen the material print copy or e-copy
This ACLS course is taught by CPR Training Austin in our local office in East Austin, TX.
Convenient ACLS Classes in the Austin Area
CPR Training Austin offers some of the most convenient ways to get certified with online and in-person options for ACLS certifications in the Austin Area.
Enhanced Learning Environment
We offer a laid-back learning environment with our knowledgeable experienced instructors. We want every student to leave the class feeling like they are confident in their skills
$25 cancellation fee applies if you cancel your appointment or don't show up to your appointment. To reschedule an appointment, please contact us.
Click on the Register For Classes button below to register. Once a class fills up, it disappears from the calendar. We cannot register students over the phone, but you may call us if you have any questions.
Group Discounts For Onsite Classes
Groups of 7+ people get reduced pricing at 10% off. Groups of 10+ people will have the training taught at a location of your choice! Your location must be within 20 miles of our Austin, TX office. To get certified at an unbeatable price by someone who loves helping others, schedule your group session below.
Earn Your CPR Certification Today!
Conveniently schedule your appointment online knowing we offer the following: