PALS Certification Hybrid Option
Course: PALS Certification Hybrid Course
- Expired certification card
- Have taken PALS a while ago but have let it lapse since then
- Have never taken PALS before
- Have American Red Cross or other certification cards that are not thru American Heart Association
- Have a current unexpired AHA card
- Difference between Initial and Renewal?
- You will be taking the same exact program the Heartcode PALS online this gives the instructor an idea to set aside more time to practice if you are a new student vs an experienced provider
Course Description: This course is a convenient hybrid option you'll take an online module at home prior to coming in for the hands-on skills session. You will be able to take the online module at your own pace it does not have to be completed in one sitting it can be paused and resumed at a later time.
The online module is called the "Heartcode PALS" you will be able to complete the online portion at your own pace it uses a personalized computer adaptive model by the student's reported confidence level on each topic. The online program consists of direct learning topics, activities, and questions. There will be no written exam just the skills testing portion in person. For more FAQs on Heartcode
Course Length: 4-6 hours online module and 1-1.5 hour in-person skills check-off
Certification: American Heart Association. You will receive your card within one business day to your email the certification is valid for 2 years
- PALS certification course builds on the foundation of lifesaving Child/Infant BLS skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous high-quality CPR
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of shock
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- The course includes a series of case scenario practices with simulations that reinforce important concepts.
Who should take this PALS certification course?
Healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children and for personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units.
What do I need to bring?
- You will need to email or bring a copy of the certificate of completion from the online module
- If you have a copy of the provider manual/notes/pocket reference cards you are able to use it as a reference at the skills check-off
- We will have all the necessary equipment you will not need to bring anything additional
- Please wear comfortable clothing. We will be practicing skills that require working on your hands and knees, bending, standing, and lifting. If you have physical conditions that might prevent you from participating in the course, please tell one of the instructors when you arrive for class
How Do I Prepare I'm Feeling Nervous HELP?
We get this all the time! Our intentions are to help you pass the course if you are anxious about passing the megacode you are in good company because most students are. It gets easier with practice even the most experienced provider may experience a "brain freeze" we are here to walk you through it. We want you to participate throw yourself in the front instead of being the quiet one in the back and ask questions. We have intimate class sizes that are less intimidating for students so our instructor can spend 1:1 time with everyone. We have a laid-back learning environment. There are some things you'll need to review below to help your preparation for the course.
- Review all PALS Algorithms
- Review PALS Systematic Approach
- Review pharmacology and dosages
- Recognize cardiac arrhythmias and treatments
- We have developed an easy way to remember all the megacodes with this memory master
- If you are still feeling like you need supplemental material purchase a provider manual, we highly recommend this if it is your first time taking the course or if it has been a while since you have seen the material print copy or e-copy
This ACLS certification is taught by CPR Training Austin in our local office in Austin, TX. We also can come to your location for group training.
Convenient PALS Certification in the Austin Area
CPR Training Austin offers some of the most convenient options and availability on evenings/weekends to take your PALS classes in the Austin Area.
Enhanced Learning Environment
We offer a laid-back learning environment with our knowledgeable experienced instructors. We want every student to leave the class feeling like they are confident in their skills
$25 cancellation fee applies if you cancel your appointment or don't show up to your appointment. To reschedule an appointment, please contact us.
Earn Your CPR Certification Today!
Conveniently schedule your appointment online knowing we offer the following: